We evaluated magnetic resonance images (MRI) and the value of dynamic contrast enhanced MRI (DCE-MRI) of pleomorphic adenomas retrospectively. MRI was performed for 18 pleomorphic adenomas, including 11 cases with DCE-MRI. We obtained the following results on the MRI and DCE-MRI. (a) Pleomorphic adenomas showed a predilection for homogeneous intermediate signal intensity on T1-weighted images (T1WI), heterogeneous high signal intensity on T2-weighted images, and heterogeneous enhancement on Gd-T1WI. (b) Of 11 contrast index (CI) curves of pleomorphic adenomas, nine CI curves (81.8%) increased gradually to 600 s or increased gradually, reached a plateau, and sustained the plateau to 600 s. The remaining two (18.2%) increased gradually and decreased gradually thereafter. (c) CI curves reached the maximum CI index at 135-300 s.
|出版ステータス||Published - 9月 2003|
ASJC Scopus subject areas